Monday, January 8, 2024

2024 is here

I know that the passage of time doesn't speed up or slow down. There are 60 seconds in a minute, 60 minutes in an hour, 24 hours in a day and 365 days in a year (except leap years). How it feels to me is not so constant though.  I suspect a strict daily routine might slow the passage of time for some due the monotony of repetition. For others, routine might hasten it with days rich with meaningful things to do. I wonder how the passage of time feels to people who are highly organized, rarely waste a move and do more in a day than I do in week.  I can only wonder. I waste too much time doing nothing this time of year. It feels like time is crawling along, but when I look at the calendar I can see that it's flying by.

I stay up late binge watching documentaries, sleep away precious daylight and spend too much time mulling awake in bed. I guess you could say I feel guilty about it. I do.  The thing is, I have never in my life enjoyed sleep so much.

The days are getting longer again. We finally have some weather coming that will marginally resemble winter. I have even felt a little more motivated of late. The gig schedule is filling in and we have some getaways planned. I am excited about the bands I am working with and working hard to get better at playing. The home front feels very secure and fullfilling. The cavalcade of wonderful people never ceases and  I know I an blessed, even on my worst days. Onward and Happy New Year 


I am really looking forward for to the next 12 months.


No comments: